This is the crime summary for the month of December 2015 for the parishes of: Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton and St Mary Bourne & Stoke.
Total Crimes reported – 20
Assault – 1
Harassment – 1
Drug Offences – 2
House Burglary – 2
Criminal Damage – 2
Burglary other than a Dwelling – 2
Theft from Vehicles – 2
Other Theft – 1
Public Order – 2
Other Crime – 5
- · We have received 2 reports of burglaries from a house. At this time of year we do often see an increase with the festive holidays and people being away from home for a length of time
- · 44150429597 – Newtown common area, the front door of a house was forced open possibly by a crowbar whilst the residents were away. Nothing was stolen and its unknown if the intruder actually gained entry.
- · 44150438005 – Penwood area, the garage door has been forced open and a road bike stolen.
· Use timer switches (available from most D.I.Y stores) to switch on lights, radios while you are away from the home to make it look and sound occupied.
- · Ensure you shut and lock windows and doors when you return home and settle down for the evening.
- · Ensure you have used padlocks on the side gates to deny access to the rear of the property.
- · Ensure your outside lighting is in working order (consider low level ambient light on a dusk to dawn sensor) this will activate even when you are not at home.
Non Dwelling Burglaries
- · We have received reports of two non-dwelling burglaries this month, this time of year we often see an increase in non-dwelling burglaries and it is advisable to review your outbuilding security. Please see our website for advice or contact your local PCSO. http://www.hampshire.police.uk/internet/advice-and-information/crime-prevention/
- · 44150418065 – Newtown area, resident has reported an attempted break into some of their outbuildings. Nothing was taken
- · 44150456088 – Crux Easton area, large barn has been broken into by forcing the padlock off. A variety of old batteries and a leaf blower have been stolen.
Throughout the month I will be carrying out speed checks in various locations throughout the area. Alongside the Speedwatch teams who do a fantastic job for their community, hopefully we can show plenty of visual presence to drivers.
Incidents of note
- · We’ve had 2 incidents of theft from vehicles this month. Nothing reported as missing.
- · 44150433730 – Newtown Common area, vehicle was parked on residents driveway. It was left unlocked and a handbag was stolen from inside.
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101
If you know someone who is involved in criminal activity, have information relating to crimes that have occurred, but you do not want to call police directly. Then please visit https://crimestoppers-uk.org/ or call 0800 555 111. This is a free and anonymous service.