East Woodhay Society Newsletter for August 2016
East Woodhay Society Events
Friday 2nd, 16th & 30th September – Walking for Health starting at the Woolton Hill Church Hall & Friday 9th & 23rd September starting at the Rampant Cat
The walks last about an hour and are at a gentle pace. Please wear clothes and shoes suitable for walking in the weather. There is no need to book, just turn up on the day and register. All walks, which are free, start at 10.30am, but if you are coming for the first time please arrive at 10.20am to register. We also cater for slower walkers by having a shorter walk at a slower pace. Afterwards at the WHCH stay for a cup of tea or coffee and a chat.
Other Events & News
Recent Planning Applications within the East Woodhay Parish
If you are interested in an application please follow the link to obtain further details.
Location: Burley House Woolton House Stud Woolton Hill
Proposal: Change of use of building from indoor manege to indoor tennis court
East Woodhay Society
If you are not a member, but are interested in joining the society please print off a copy of the form on our website www.wooltonhill.com/ews_news and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to respond to any of the items above please use the above email address.
Police Update for Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton and St Mary Bourne & Stoke. In July there were 14 incidents which were classified as crimes by the home office.
We have had no dwelling burglary and no Non-Dwelling burglaries reported this month. However, you may recall from last month a theft from a Fruit Machine in Burghclere was reported. I’m pleased to report a suspect has been identified and is helping with our enquiries.
Criminal Damage (5)
– Eagle Rd, Bishops Green – Damage has been caused to a solar panel on the property. Suspect identified but aggrieved did not wish to pursue.
– Breachfield, Burghclere – Aggrieved has reported damage to their front gate.
– Heathlands, Penwood – Severe damage caused to aggrieved vehicle. All windows have been smashed. Investigations ongoing by way of forensic examination
– Royal Oak, Ecchinswell – Severe damage caused to aggrieved vehicle. All windows have been smashed. Investigations ongoing.
– Little Penwood, Seven Stones Lane – Person(s) unknown have damaged a fence to gain access to the area with the purpose of fly tipping waste.
– Spring Lane, Burghclere – During the night the aggrieved has had their Ifor Williams trailer stolen from the driveway.
– Tothill – A garden roller has been stolen from a property driveway.
– Stoke – An allegation of theft by deception has been made where a vast quantity of money is involved. Currently under investigation.
– St Mary Bourne – Aggrieved has stated a person known to him has been seen stealing glass panes from his greenhouse.
– Woodlands, Penwood – Aggrieved has received obscene and threatening phone calls to his mobile phone. Threats never carried out, number blocked, no longer having any issues.
– Woodlands, Penwood – Parent has been punched in the arm by their child who refused to go to school.
– Breachfield, Burghclere – Minor family domestic resolved with firm words of advice to the child
– Tothill Services – Aggrieved claims to have been assaulted by another motorist who accused them of leaving their dog unattended in a hot car.
Public Order (0)
Theft from Vehicle (1)
– Watership Down, Wayfarers Walk – Aggrieved has had her handbag stolen from inside the vehicle whilst out walking.
I’m pleased to report that Highclere have finally got the go ahead to set up a Community Speedwatch Scheme. I shall be liaising with members of this team over the coming weeks getting them ready to do their stuff….so go careful on the A343, they will be watching!! J
Finally….I have recently received reports of a phone scam in the area. Residents in the Highclere area have been receiving calls from a company claiming to be selling alarms for the elderly that when activated connect directly to the Emergency Services for the cost £400! THIS IS A SCAM! Please DO NOT under any circumstances divulge any information regarding security in your property whatsoever. They have also stated they will be working in the area door to door selling these devices, again please do not buy anything and if you are unsure do not answer the door and call 101 to report they are in the area.
Please report any suspicious people, vehicles or activity to the Police via 101 or to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Please call 101 if you see or hear any form of anti-social behaviour in your area. If you feel you are in immediate danger, always call 999.
If you would like to get in touch please use the email address below. Please DO NOT report crimes via email.