Police Report for August
This is the crime summary for the month of August 2015 for the parishes of:
Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton and St Mary Bourne & Stoke.
Total Crimes reported – 23
House Burglary – 0
Criminal Damage – 2
Burglary other than a Dwelling – 2
Theft from Vehicles – 3
Theft of a Vehicle – 1
Other Theft – 8
Other Crime – 7
The current Neighbourhood Policing Priorities for the Basingstoke and Deane District are…
- We have received no reports of dwelling burglaries this month
Non Dwelling Burglaries
- 15/08/15-16/08/15 – Falcon House Gardens, Woolton Hill – Unknown offenders have forced entry to a garage and have stolen a racing bike from within
- 26/08/15-27/08/15 – Tubbs Lane, Highclere – Unknown offenders have forced entry to a container within the grounds of a building site, they have stolen tools.
- Further non dwelling burglaries have taken place across the rural area, we ask that reports of suspicious vehicles or people, especially around farms, are made immediately and with as much detail as possible.
Reports have been received about vehicles travelling at speed in the area of Bishops Green. Requests have been made for speed enforcement to be carried out in the area.
Incidents of note
- 03/08/15 – A vehicle stolen from another policing area was located in the area of Adbury thanks to reports from a passer by
- 09/08/15 – 10/08/15 – Featherbed Lane, Bishops Green – A Silver Audi Q7 was stolen from outside of an address, the vehicle has since been located.
- 10/08/15 – 15/08/15 – Harts Lane, Burghclere – A parked vehicle was damaged with a sharp object by an unknown offender.
- 15/08/15 – 16/08/15 – Elkington Close, Burghclere – A vehicle window was smashed by an unknown offender, a wallet was taken from within the vehicle.
- 17/18/15 – 18/08/15 – Breachfield, Burghclere – A vehicle was entered by an unknown offender, cigarettes and change taken from within.
- 25/08/15 – Gore End, Ball Hill – A parcel was left on the doorstep of a property by a delivery company, an unknown offender has taken the parcel without permission.
- 20/08/15 – 27/08/15 – At the above location, electric fence batteries were stolen from private land.
Reporting to police
We do ask that all reports are made directly via the 101 number so the appropriate department is made aware of the incident and to ensure that it is allocated to the appropriate officers.
Please do not report directly to the local PCSO or PC via email or mobile phone. This can lead to a delay in the report being disseminated to other officers/departments if the officer is not on duty.