This is the crime summary for the month of February 2014 for the parishes of Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported in February – 15
House Burglary – 0
Criminal Damage – 0
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 5
Theft from Vehicles – 6
Other Theft – 2
The community policing priorities for this area are:
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal)
- 18th – 19th – Wash Water – Farm building entered and tools taken
- 25th -26th – Bishops Green – Shed entered and item taken, a car was also entered and clothing stolen
- 27th – 28th – Ecchinswell – Malthouse farm area – 3 burglaries – not in a dwelling:-
A shed was entered after padlocks were removed by means unknown; several items of garden machinery were taken. Another shed was entered, items moved, but nothing taken. A garage was entered and a bicycle stolen. In addition to this, a vehicle was entered and items left within were taken. The burglaries were all in properties adjacent to one another, the vehicle was outside another property across the road.
Reduce anti-social behaviour across the beat area.
- We have had reports relating to Bishops Green; motorcycles which are not suitable for the road have been seen to be used on the roads. This is a serious offence, it can mean the rider has no license, insurance or MOT. The use of vehicles illegally and in an anti-social manner puts the rider and the public at risk. Please contact police if seen.
- There continues to be an issue with littering around the edge of Sydmonton Common and the surrounding footpaths.
- Penwood – Reports of motorcycles being used in the woodland area are coming in. Offenders will be dealt with using section 59 of the police reform act and can result in the seizure of vehicles.
Reduce speeding across the beat.
- The safety camera van is continually being deployed across the beat area.
- As seen in Burghclere in February.
Other incidents of note
25th – Crux Easton – Catalytic converter stolen overnight from a Ford Ranger.
2nd – Hollington/Highclere – Vehicle entered, rucksack stolen containing valuables, driver was in adjacent pub.
19th – Mount Rd/A343 Highclere – Vehicle entered, handbag containing valuables stolen, unattended for 30 minutes.
26th – Tothill Services – Laptop bag left on display, stolen whilst driver used service station for ten minutes.
28th – Ecchinswell – Bag left on display and stolen overnight.
- Domestic heating oil was taken from a property in Wash Water.
- A Royal Mail post box was stolen from Jonathon Hill, Newtown.
- On the 2nd a single vehicle collision was reported on the B4640, the vehicle was on its roof and had crossed the carriageway coming to rest in a hedge. The male driver was breathalysed at the scene and was arrested for drunk driving. He was taken to hospital for a quick check and was then given a night in the cells. He has been charged and will be attending court.
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101. If you know someone who is involved in criminal activity, have information relating to crimes that have occurred, but you do not want to call police directly. Then please visithttps://crimestoppers-uk.org/ or call 0800 555 111. This is a free and anonymous service.
Please contact us if you have any questions
Richard & Abbey
PCSO 15097 Abbey CARPENTER
Whitchurch Police Station, Dances Lane,
Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28 7EG