This is the crime summary for the month of December 2013 for the parishes of:
Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported - 12
House Burglary – 0
Criminal Damage – 1
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 3
Theft from Vehicles – 3
Other Theft – 2
Other Crime – 3
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal)
- Rural industrial units/storage/business premises have been targeted in a series of non-dwelling burglaries in the northern part of the beat, the rural area of Basingstoke district, Andover and West Berkshire areas.
- One incident has occurred on our beat which may be linked to the series, this time in Woolton Hill – 11/12/13 at approximately 0130 offenders in what is possibly a small van have entered a garage within the grounds of a property and stolen several items of gardening machinery.
- 8 reports of suspicious activity have been received this month. PLEASE keep reports coming in. You may be helping prevent or solve a crime.
- Other non-dwelling burglaries involved 2 sheds in Ecchinswell. During one occurrence 2 bicycles were taken. The other involved a door being removed from the shed, however, they have not taken any items, this may be as they were disturbed by an alarm.
Reduce anti-social behaviour across the beat area
- 7 reports of anti-social behaviour, however 5 of these are disputes between persons known to one another.
- 1 report involves strange activity in the area of Peregrine Road in Bishops Green, a group of youths were heard in the area late at night on the 30th of November, items were left in someone’s garden.
- Another report in this area involves rubbish and garden waste being thrown from the woodland near Peregrine Road on to a piece of private land. If anyone seen doing this please let local police know.
Reduce speeding across the beat
- The safety camera van is continually being deployed across the beat area.
Other incidents of note
- Sightings of a suspicious vehicle in Peregrine Road, Bishops Green were reported, it is believed the occupants were smoking cannabis and there were further concerns that they were looking in to residents’ windows. The vehicle was a red VW Golf. Unfortunately the vehicle was not stopped for a search and therefore we are still keen to know who is in the vehicle and their reasons for being in the area. Please report if similar things are happening.
- Thefts from vehicles – on the 15th and 17th thefts from the same vehicle were reported, these thefts have happened on two separate occasions when the vehicle has been parked in Harts Lane.
- On Boxing Day a handbag was taken from a vehicle parked near to the Highclere Estate.
- Reports of suspicious males looking in to car windows at Watership Down were also received on Boxing day.
- On the 3rd, a vehicle was stopped and seized on the A343 after being found to have no insurance.
- Lead was taken from the roof of a garage in Breachfield, Burghclere
- A trailer was taken from outside a property in Heathlands, Penwood
Across the Rural area:
17 reports of non-dwelling burglaries, a lower number than November, however there is still a need to be vigilant.
6/12/13 – Burglary in a Dwelling – Baughurst
7/12/13 – Burglary in a Dwelling – Longcroft Road – Kingsclere
19/12/13 – Burglary in a Dwelling – Elm Road – Overton – Jewellery and Christmas presents taken
We have had one report of oil theft across the rural area this month, this was in Pamber End. The thieves are out there!
Electronic devices are available to fit to tanks to enable you to carryout these checks without leaving the house.
In addition, we have a supply of Oil tank alarms available for sale at £100 each. These read your tank levels and can also sound an alarm in the event of your oil level dropping rapidly. This will alert you at the time of a theft in progress.
Purple Ribbon Campaign – Is It Worth The Risk?
Please take 5 minutes of your time to read the information on the link regarding this years anti drink driving campaign – If you suspect a drink driver – contact police immediately, you can use the text line which is anonymous - 80999 - Include details of the exact location/last seen, registration, vehicle make and colour, the driver details to the best of your knowledge, and, if known their destination.
Hampshire constabulary appeals
There are current appeals throughout the force area that may be of interest to you. They are updated regularly. Please take a look via the following link.
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101
If you see us out and about please stop us and say hello !
Follow us on Twitter: @HighclerePolice
Please contact us if you have any questions
Matt & Abbey – We wish you a very Happy New Year
PCSO 15097 Abbey CARPENTER
Whitchurch Police Station, Dances Lane,
Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28 7EG