Police Reports for April
This is the crime summary for the month of April 2013 for the parishes of: Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported - 9
House Burglary – 1
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings - 0
Theft from Vehicles – 2
Theft of a vehicle - 0
Other Theft - 2
Other Crime – 4
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal)
- Damage was caused to a gate at a stud farm. The intention of the offenders is unknown, however it is possible they were looking to take items from sheds/barns etc.
- Ensure good quality locks are used on out buildings. padlocks with alarms are available from the beat team at around £10. Contact Abbey if you are interested in purchasing these.
- Items in outbuildings can be marked and registered, contact Abbey for advice.
Reduce anti-social behaviour
- There have been 4 reports of anti-social behaviour throughout April. 3 of these reports are regarding the use of scrambler motorcycles in an anti-social way in and around Penwood. Action is being taken in relation to this and other possible offenders should be warned, we will seize vehicles being used to cause annoyance, alarm or distress to others.
- A group of youths reportedly throwing stones were located and spoken to with parents present and warned of the possible consequences of ASB and the dangers of their chosen activity.
Reduce speeding across the beat
- New 30mph limit in Penwood! It’s there for everyone’s safety; please keep your speed down!
- Speed enforcement has been carried out across the beat with some people being reported for speeding.
- Enforcement will continue where possible.
- Patrol vehicles have been parked up in key spots to slow down drivers at busy times and speeding traffic monitored.
Other incidents of note
- It’s that time of year again! We have had two thefts from vehicles in April. Sadly both times items of value were left in the vehicles.
- Thieves target beauty spot car parks, if you park in any car park follow the advice below.
- Please ensure that all valuables are removed from vehicles when parked even for only a few minutes (including not leaving handbags under seats!!) Glove boxes are not safe, ensure no valuables are left and leave them open to show thieves, there is nothing to take!
- We have “NO VALUABLES IN THIS VEHICLE” cards to be left on the dash of your vehicle. Please let us know if you would like one or they can be printed from the below attachment
- A burglary in a dwelling occurred in Burghclere in Daylight hours on the 5th April, between 1500 and 2000 hours. A few low value items of Jewellery were taken. Do you know anything in relation to this incident? You can call crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- A number plate was stolen from a vehicle in Newtown. Please check your number plates are secure.
- We have had lots of reports of suspicious persons/vehicles.
- We do follow up on these reports, so far there have been no offences found so people are able to go on their way. Please continue reporting these incidents to us, you never know when we might find some stolen goods.
- Heating oil was taken from a tank in Ball Hill. Please ensure you know the level your tank is at and monitor regularly despite the nicer weather setting in. Oil alarms are available through the beat team, these alert residents to a sudden drop in fuel levels and can alert you to offenders on scene.
Hampshire constabulary appeals
Please click on the links for more details and how to contact police regarding the following occurrences.
Witness appeal for a fatal collision on the B3400http://www.hampshire.police.uk/internet/news-and-appeals/2013/april/appeal-following-fatal-road-traffic-collision-near-andover
There are current appeals throughout the force area that may be of interest to you. They are updated regularly. Please take a look via the following link.
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101
If you see us out and about please stop us and say hello!
Follow us on Twitter: @HighclerePolice
Please contact us if you have any questions
Matt & Abbey
PCSO 15097 Abbey CARPENTER
Whitchurch Police Station, Dances Lane,
Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28 7EG
External: 101 Internal: 624-472