Police Reports for February
This is the crime summary for the month of February 2013 for the parishes of: Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown,Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported -22
House Burglary – 2
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 3
Theft from Vehicles – 7
Other Theft – 2
Other Crime – 8
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
- Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
- Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal):
- A valuable push bike was stolen from a garage in Burghclere, it is possible that this occurred during the same night in which two houses were the target of burglaries. Bikes have also been taken from a Garage in Woolton Hill, tools were also taken.
- An attempt was made to take bikes from a garage in Bishops Green, however the offenders were unsuccesful. Other items were taken.
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially around Bishops Green:
- There have been 6 reports of Anti-social behaviour throughout February.
- A number of these involve off-road motorbikes. A letter has been sent to the residents of Penwood to address the problem in the area. We remind everyone that the use of
motorvehicles off road causing annoyance, alarm or distress can result in the seizure of vehicles.
- Patrols continue in the areas affected.
- Road signs have been turned around at Treasure Hill near Penwood and Grit bins have been all along the road towards the Penwood Estate. We remind people that this is potentially very dangerous activity that affects public safety. If anyone sees such events
occurring they are asked to contact police with names/descriptions of offenders.
Reduce speeding across the beat
- Speed enforcement has been carried out across the beat with some people being reported for speeding.
- Enforcement will continue where possible.
- Patrol vehicles have been parked up in key spots to slow down drivers at busy times and speeding traffic monitored.
Other incidents of note
Theft from vehicles continues to be problem across the rural area. Three cars parked in the Chase were targeted in the same incident. Four others have occurred overnight whilst parked outside addresses. Various items have been taken. Please ensure that you leave no valuables in your car overnight, including tools in work vans. Please ensure that all valuables are removed from vehicles when parked even for only a few minutes (including not leaving handbags under seats !!) We have “NO VALUABLES IN THIS VEHICLE” cards to be left on the dash of your vehicle. Please let us know if you would like one.
A car was seized in Newtown when the vehicle was found not to have any tax.
- A fox was found caught in a snare within the grounds of Woolton Hill Tennis Club. It is believed that the fox dragged the snare some distance, possibly two to three miles before dying from injuries. Countrywatch officers are aware.
- ‘Nottingham Knockers’ have been in the area again. PCSO Carpenter is looking to set up no cold calling zones to deter cold callers. If you are interested in setting one up
for your street please email Abbey so she can add you to the list.
- We seem to have an increase in reports of Dog attacks on other dogs and people. Dog owners have been spoken to in relation to these reports, a lot of these are attended with the Basingstoke and Deane Dog Warden. Advice has been given in relation to training, muzzling and securing gardens. For more information about how to contact the Dog Wardens please see the following web links: http://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/browse/community-and-living/street-care-and-cleaning/dogs/ or http://www.dogwarden.org/4.html
Across the Rural area:
- Please bear in mind that some cash machines have recently been fitted with scanners that steal your information. Always hide your pin, check the machine that you are using for anything strange, report anything you are not happy with to the machine supplier.
Hampshire constabulary appeals
Please click on the links for more details and how to contact police regarding the following occurrences.
http://www.hampshire.police.uk/internet/news-and-appeals/2013/february/44130073049-basingstoke-theft-vehicle - Police are
appealing for witnesses following the theft of a tractor near Basingstoke.
http://www.hampshire.police.uk/internet/news-and-appeals/2013/february/roadside-scams - Police are warning drivers about a series of scams on roadsides around Hampshire.
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact the police either by email or calling 101. Always dial 999 in the event of an emergency.
If you see Abbey and/or Matt out and about please stop and say hello!
Hampshire Constabulary,Whitchurch Police Station, Dances Lane,Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28 7EG. External: 101 Internal: 624-472. Mobile: 07775541874
Twitter: @HighclerePolice Email: email@example.com