This is the crime summary for the month of November 2012 for the parishes of: Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported -24
House Burglary – 0
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 2
Theft from Vehicles – 3
Other Theft – 9
Other Crime – 10
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
- Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
- Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal)
- Several items of gardening machinery were stolen from a property in the Woolton Hill/Ball Hill area.
The theft is under investigation and we are interested in finding the Mitsubishi Warrior Truck involved.
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially around Bishops Green
- There have been no reports of ASB in Bishops Green.
- Patrols conducted in all areas
Reduce speeding across the beat
- Dark winter nights will reduce speed enforcement with a speed camera. Checks will continue during daylight hours, especially around the schools.
- 2 people have been reported for speeding in Newtown.
Christmas Is Coming…
Don’t let your home become a Christmas crime scene…
Follow the Link below for Hampshire’s Crime Prevention advice…
Hampshire constabulary’s anti drink drive campaign has begun, YOU can report someone for drink driving by texting 80999, or calling 999 for a drink drive in progress. You could save a life!
Other incidents of note
We have recently seen an increase in thefts from cars, including when they are parked outside of homes!
Hampshire Police have significantly increased patrols in the area.
Please ensure that all valuables are removed from vehicles when parked even for only a few minutes (including not leaving handbags under seats !!)
We have “NO VALUABLES IN THIS VEHICLE” cards to be left on the dash of your vehicle. Please let us know if you would like one or they can be printed from the below attachment
We have had a number of heating oil thefts in the past month.
We have increased patrols in this area, vehicles capable of carrying fuel are being checked.
Please see the following leaflet on preventing such thefts from your tanks.
- A fire in the Gymnasium at The Clere School caused a full evacuation of pupils and staff.
The fire is currently under investigation.
- We have received a number of reports of males flagging down cars at the side of the road (A34 and Tothill), claiming to have run out of fuel and offering gold or other items in return for cash, if you see them let us know on 101.
- The vehicle number plates stolen from Ecchinswell have been recovered from a nearby location.
- Drugs were seized from a Female and two Males in Ecchinswell Village Hall Car Park and two separate groups of males near Washwater.
- Nottingham Knockers appeared in Highclere and Burghclere on the 29th November. Thank you to those who let us know.
Getting Chilly… Are you prepared for winter?
- Check your tyres, screenwash levels, wipers, lights, etc.
- Have you got emergency supplies in your vehicle?
- Make sure your vehicle is fully cleared of snow, ice and mist on the windows before driving!
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101
If you see us out and about please stop us and say hello !
Follow us on Twitter: @HighclerePolice
Please contact us if you have any questions
Matt & Abbey