This is the crime summary for the month of December 2012 for the parishes of:Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported – 19
House Burglary – 2
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 2
Theft from Vehicles – 1
Other Theft – 4
Other Crime – 10
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
* Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of
* In two separate incidents a shed and a stable were targeted, tools and machinery were taken.
* For advice on marking/registering your goods, particularly electrical items contact PCSO Abbey Carpenter.
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially around Bishops Green
* There has been one report of ASB in Bishops Green and few in other areas.
* Reports of vehicles being driven in an antisocial manner in Penwood. These vehicles can be given warnings and seized on second occasion.
* Patrols conducted in all areas
* Young people spoken to when found skateboarding/Rollerblading in dangerous places such as roads and blind bends. Happily moved on to safer places.
Reduce speeding across the beat
* Dark winter nights continue to reduce speed enforcement with a speed camera. Checks will continue during daylight hours, especially around the schools.
* Patrol vehicles have been parked up in key spots to slow down drivers at busy times and speeding traffic monitored.
Hampshire constabulary’s anti drink drive campaign has been somewhat successful with a number of people breathalysed and arrested for drink driving, including two on beat 6. Remember, you can report drink drivers by texting 80999 or dialling the usual numbers.
Other incidents of note
We have recently seen an increase in thefts from cars in Basingstoke’s rural district, including when they are parked outside of homes! Hampshire Police have significantly increased patrols in the area.
Please ensure that all valuables are removed from vehicles when parked even for only a few minutes (including not leaving handbags under seats !!)
We have “NO VALUABLES IN THIS VEHICLE” cards to be left on the dash of your vehicle. Please let us know if you would like one
* Stop and searches of people and vehicles have found three people in possession of illegal drugs.
* A set of number plates were taken from a vehicle in Washwater.
* Cash left out in a coal bin to pay for a coal delivery was taken during daylight hours in Woolton Hill. Use outdoor storage safes or pay via telephone or cheque where possible. Don’t leave cash out and about.
* A Subaru was driven into a field in Ashmansworth and set on fire. An investigation is currently ongoing.
* A horse was reported running loose near Burghclere, heading toward the A34, a number of units responded, first on scene PCSO Abbey found the horse had already been secured by a passer by. The rider of the horse arrived simultaneously and fortunately was uninjured. Police vehicles helped escort the horse back to safety and avoided further incident.
* Two House burglaries in December.
* One in a farm house near North End, Firearms were taken along with a number of items of jewellery. An investigation is ongoing in relation to this.
* Burglary 2 occurred in Penwood, a male has been charged with this offence.
Across the Rural area:
* Skimming device found on a cash machine in Tadley, Make sure you are happy with the cash machine you are using, report anything suspicious to the bank or police.
* A number of Burglaries have occurred in Bramley, and some on the neighbouring beat of Kingsclere.
* Damage to vehicles occurring in beauty spots and subsequent thefts from some of those vehicles
Are you prepared for winter?
* Check your tyres, screenwash levels, wipers, lights, etc.
* Have you got emergency supplies in your vehicle?
* Make sure your vehicle is fully cleared of snow, ice and mist on the windows before driving!
Hampshire constabulary appeals
There are current appeals throughout the force area that may be of interest to you, including stolen dogs and witnesses sought for burglaries and attacks. Please take a look via the following link.
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101
If you see us out and about please stop us and say hello !
Follow us on Twitter: @HighclerePolice
Please contact us if you have any questions
Matt & Abbey