This is the crime summary for the month of October for the parishes of: Ashmansworth,
East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes - 9
House Burglary – 0
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 1
Theft from Vehicles – 0
Other Theft - 1
Other Crime – 7
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
* Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* Large sheds were broken into in Highclere, Classic cars parked inside were damaged and a small amount of cash stolen
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially around Bishops Green
* Local Police are working with Bishop Green residents and the community association about reports of children causing a nuisance and damaging hedgerows around the phase 3 development of housing.
* There were very few problems reported during the half term break. Excellent activities were arranged by Bishops Green Youth Project.
* A mobile skate ramp is now available for use in Bishops Green via the Bishops Green youth project.
Reduce speeding across the beat
* Dark winter nights will reduce speed enforcement with a speed camera. Checks will continue during daylight hours especially around local schools.
Are your number plates legal? Amendments cannot be made to number plates (to spell words or initials), including changing fonts, size of digits and size (and location) of spaces between digits.
Other incidents of note
* We are very pleased to say that Halloween passed with no reported problems. A party was held at Bishops Green by Sentinel Housing Association, which was well attended by local children
* An illegal “Rave” was held on farmland near Crux Easton.
* An attempt was made to hold an illegal “Rave” at Beacon Hill car park, which was stopped by Police.
* Hampshire Police have taken positive action against the organisers of these events. Persons have been arrested, vehicles and sound equipment seized and drugs removed.
* A vehicle parked at Whitehill, Ecchinswell had its number plates stolen
* A pupil from The Clere school had money stolen from him whilst walking home
* Drugs were seized from a male in the Chase car park, Woolton Hill
There have been two reported thefts of heating oil in North End in the parish of East Woodhay. This could have happened between September 2012 and the 11th November 2012.
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101. If you see us out and about please stop us and say hello !
Follow us on Twitter: @HighclerePolice
Please contact us if you have any questions
Matt & Abbey