This is the crime summary for the month of September for the Parishes of:
Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield,
Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported - 18
House Burglary – 2
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 4
Theft from Vehicles – 0
Other Theft - 4
Other Crime – 8
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
* Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of
* A garage and a barn were broken into and items stolen in Newtown
* Various outbuildings were broken into in Litchfield
* A garage was broken into and tools stolen in Ecchinswell.
Thieves are targeting sheds/ garages and barns in very rural location and
tools such as Hedge cutters and strimmers are being stolen. Please consider updating your garage security and fitting an alarm. North Hampshire, Berkshire and Wiltshire are also being targeted by thieves who are stealing off road vehicles such as Quads, Kabotas etc from farms & country estates. Hampshire Police are working with other forces to target these offenders and extra night time patrols are being carried out. Please ensure all such vehicles are fitted with additional security.
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially around Bishops Green
* Problems have been reported of children playing in the road in
Beech Road.This issue is being addressed with the support of the community association
* PCSO Abbey Carpenter is currently visiting all properties in Phase
3 buildings in Bishops Green and signing up residents for Neighbourhood
Watch ……………….Penwood is next !!
Reduce speeding across the beat
* Speed enforcement has been carried out in Ecchinswell now that the
children are back at school which has seen an increase in traffic. Local speeding has reduced but speed enforcement will continue whilst A339
Other incidents of note
* A very distinctive white VW Transporter van was stolen from Beacon
Hill Car Park during the day on 29th Sept 2012 (see photo)
* A rear window was forced open and jewellery stolen from a house in
Hyde Lane, Ecchinswell between 18 th August – 3rd Sept 2012 whilst occupants were away on holiday
* The front door was forced open and a copper water tank was stolen
from a vacant property in Sydmonton
* Overnight a car in Bishops Green had paint poured over it
* In the early hours of 30th Sept a car parked in Burghclere had a brick thrown through it’s window. This incident happened on the entrance to the village near the Memorial Chapel
* At approx 6:45 pm on 30th Sept a group of 4 males were stood blocking the road in Foxes Lane, Penwood. The group then sat on the bonnet of car being driven by a lone female and smashed her windscreen. The group had walked in the road from Woolton Hill.
* An elderly resident has been the victim of con men who have phoned
stating they were from her bank and she agreed to transfer a large sum of
money from her account.
* A metal Post-box has been stolen !! The postbox by Aldern Bridge
has been stolen but cutting the pole it was attached to !!!
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this
update please contact us either by email or calling 101. Follow us on Twitter: @HighclerePolice . Please contact us if you have any questions
Matt & Abbey