DAN IS LEAVING!!!!
Sadly this week will be my last week (dated 3rd September) as a PCSO. I am now moving on and beginning my career as a Police Officer in the Southampton area. I suspect a slightly busier area than I am used to! I have thoroughly enjoyed my time out here and feel privileged to have worked in such a nice area. There are many people I will miss and I want to say thanks to everyone for making my time out here so great.
PCSO Abbey Carpenter is replacing Dan!!
Fortunately, Abbey is replacing Dan as the PCSO for the area and will be working with Matt on a permanent basis. She is in the photo below! Dan will be showing Abbey around this week, please let us know if you would like to meet Abbey. Abbey is very keen as this is the first area she has worked in as a PCSO and is looking forward to meeting everybody!
Description: cid:649538b6-2a8d-4b3d-b791-85 665f0127a3
This is the crime summary for the month of August for the parishes of: Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported - 8
House Burglary – 1
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 0
Theft from Vehicles – 2
Other Theft - 1
Other Crime – 4
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
* Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* We are please to report that there have been no thefts from garages, sheds and
outbuildings this month! * Please ensure your outbuilding is locked and secured at all times, don’t give them the opportunity.
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially around Bishops Green
* There have been a few reports of anti-social behaviour throughout August in the Penwood and Bishops Green areas.
* These reports were mostly regarding nuisance motorcycles riding in wooded areas. Please report any anti-social behaviour by calling us on 101.
Reduce speeding across the beat
* Speed enforcement has been regularly conducted throughout August. This has
mostly been in Ecchinswell due to the traffic lights on the A339 causing people to use
Ecchinswell as a ‘rat run’. Regular speed enforcement has been conducted at both ends
and the middle of the village. Drivers have been stopped and there has been a noticeable difference in the average speed of cars travelling through Ecchinswell. We will continue speed enforcement activity to ensure this slower average speed is maintained and drivers are sticking to the speed limits!
Other incidents of note
* A house was broken into and jewellery stolen from an address in Harts Lane, Burghclere. If you have any information regarding this Burglary or saw anything suspicious in the area last month please call Police on 101.
* There have also been a couple of reports of ‘Nottingham Knockers’, mostly
in the Highclere area. We advise not to buy anything from your doorstep and if you
have any concerns please call us on 101.
* A vehicle was seized in the Ecchinswell area being driven without valid Tax or
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101. Follow us on Twitter: @HighclerePolice Please contact us if you have any questions
Matt & Dan