Below is the crime summary for the month of July for the parishes of: Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported - 20
House Burglary – 1 (attempt – entry not gained )
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 2
Theft from Vehicles – 8
Other Theft - 6
Other Crime – 3
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
* Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* Several high value items of gardening machinery were stolen from a property in North End
A Male from Bordon had been arrested and charged relating to this theft.
* An empty house in Burghclere has had lead stolen from the roof
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially around Bishops Green
* A 19 year old male from Bishops Green was arrested and charged with possessing an offensive weapon in a public place.
* Reports received of music being played throughout the night from residents in East Woodhay area. This highlighted a rave in the West Woodhay area which was stopped by Thames Valley Police
* 2 reports of nuisance motorcycles in the Bishops Green area. A 15 year old male from Bishops Green and his parents have been served a warning
* Persons have entered a school in Highclere via an insecure door and written obscene messages on a wipe board and caused minor damage to a classroom during the school holidays
Reduce speeding across the beat
* Speed enforcement has continued in Ecchinswell.
This has been targeted due to a high number of commuters driving through the village at speed to avoid the delay of the traffic lights on the A339 at Headley.
Other incidents of note
We have recently seen an increase in thefts from cars.
These have been handbags & Purses / Wallets which had been left in vehicles in the following locations:
* Outside Woolton Hill Junior School
* Beacon Hill
* The Chase – Woolton Hill
* Breachfields – Burghclere Hampshire Police have significantly increased patrols in the area.
Please ensure that all valuables are removed from vehicles when parked even for only a few minutes (including not leaving handbags under seats !!)
We have “NO VALUABLES IN THIS VEHICLE” cards to be left on the dash of your vehicle.
Please let us know if you would like one or they can be printed from the below attachment
* On 27th July an attempt was made to force the rear door to a house in Ecchinswell. Entry was not gained and nothing has been stolen. An alarm is fitted to the house and it is believed that the Alarm Sounding has made the offenders leave empty handed. This is an excellent example of an Alarm fitted to a home in a rural property which has deterred burglars. House alarms are now wireless and much more affordable. Please do consider this when making home improvements.
* An investigation has been completed after report of a mobile phone stolen at The Clere School. 2 pupils have now admitted the offence
* A male was cutting his front hedge on the Burghclere to Newtown Road. He came down his ladder to discover somebody had stolen his hedge trimmer
* A male from Woolton Hill was arrested for drink driving on A343
* A vehicle was seized in Burghclere for being driven on the road without insurance
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101.
PC 3126 Matt Deery & PCSO 14486 Dan Lines Safer Neighbourhoods Team