This is the crime summary for the month of May for the parishes of: Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported – 19
House Burglary – 1
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 3
Theft from Vehicles – 2
Other Theft - 4
Other Crime – 9
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
* Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* Three old car batteries and an unused roll of roofing lead was stolen from stables in the in the Burghclere area.
* A number of batteries were stolen from a farm in Wash Water
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially around Bishops Green
* There were a couple of reports in May in the Bishops Green area of anti-social behaviour. These include parties with loud music going on late into the night. Please report any anti-social behaviour by calling 101.
Reduce speeding across the beat
* We continue to enforce speed limits across the beat. If there are any particular roads or areas you believe drivers regularly drive down at speed please contact us.
Other incidents of note
* A house in Newtown was broken into whilst the owners were away on holiday. A large amount of jewellery was stolen.
* The rear window of a vehicle was smashed in the Ball Hill area.
* A stone coloured antique chimney pot was stolen from a front garden in the Ecchinswell area.
* A handbag was stolen from a car parked in the Highclere area.
* A handbag was stolen from a car parked in the Old Burghclere area.
Please remove all valuables from your vehicle when leaving it unattended!!!
* A male was prosecuted for being in possession of cannabis in the Penwood area.
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101.
PC 3126 Matt Deery & PCSO 14486 Dan Lines Safer Neighbourhoods Team