This is the crime summary for the month of June for the parishes of: Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported - 19
House Burglary – 0
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 2
Theft from Vehicles – 2
Other Theft - 7
Other Crime – 8
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
* Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
* Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal) :
* The lock was damaged on a shed door in Penwood. Nothing was stolen.
* A metal sand track used to park cars on was stolen from the old Burghclere area.
* There was also an attempt to steal lead from the roof of a block of garages in Breachfields, Burghclere.
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially round Bishops Green
* There were reports of motorbikes racing around in The Great Pen Wood. One male has now been stopped and issued an official Police warning. This warning enables Police to seize his bike if he is seen doing this again.
* A couple of reports of youths in Bishops Green behaving in an anti-social manner. Please ensure you know where your children are and what they are doing. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated!
Reduce speeding across the beat
* Speed enforcement has been regularly conducted throughout June. Ecchinswell has been targeted due to a high number of commuters driving through the village at speed to avoid the delay of the traffic lights on the A339 at Headley. Multiple drivers have been stopped and dealt with in different ways depending on how far over the speed limit they were driving.
Other incidents of note
* A brick was thrown through the window of an address in Penwood.
* Two males were stopped in the Penwood area, one was prosecuted for being in possession of cannabis.
* A male in Bishops Green was arrested for being in possession of an offensive weapon.
* Two of this month’s thefts are of rocks from the Ball Hill area. They were placed along a verge to avoid others parking there.
* A large vibrating plate (used to flatten surfaces) was stolen from a property in the Horris Hill area.
* A purse and a mobile phone were stolen from the glove box of a car parked at The Chase in Woolton Hill.
* PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ANY VALUABLES IN YOUR VEHICLE!
* A road bike was stolen from the front driveway of a house in Woolton Hill.
* A forestry mulching machine was stolen in Penwood. A large winch was stolen from the back of it and the machine was then driven around the woods causing extensive damage. The vehicle has now been recovered by its owner.
If you have any information regarding any of the incidents detailed in this update please contact us either by email or calling 101.
PC 3126 Matt Deery & PCSO 14486 Dan Lines Safer Neighbourhoods Team