This is the crime summary for the month of April for the parishes of:
Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported – 18
House Burglary – 0
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 6
Theft from Vehicles – 2
Other Theft - 4
Other Crime – 6
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
- Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
- Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal)
- A shed was forced open by padlock being cut off in Ecchinswell although nothing stolen.
- A garage on a drive in Woolton Hill has its padlock cut off although nothing stolen.
- 2 Sheds in Penwood Heights were broken into and a chainsaw, strimmer, cultivator and lawn mower were stolen.
- Entry was forced to an outbuilding near to Aldern Bridge although nothing stolen.
- A shed was forced open on A343 Highclere and a chainsaw, hedge-trimmer and strimmer were stolen.
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially around Bishops Green
- We have had numerous calls about anti-social vehicles in the Penwood Area.
- Children were seen to remove a plant pot from outside a house in Penwood Heights.
Reduce speeding across the beat
- Speed enforcement has been carried out at Ball Hill 30mph limit.
- Speed enforcement has been carried out at the 30mph limit at Woolton Hill from the Penwood crossroads.
Other incidents of note:-
- A vehicle was stopped on A343 Washwater and a large amount of drugs seized.
- 2 males at Tothill Services were found in possession of drugs.
- An attempt was made to steal lead from Ecchinswell village hall.
- A disused copper water tank was stolen from a garden in Oakfields Close, Ecchinswell.
- A Van had its window smashed and searched in Ashmansworth although nothing stolen.
- A rear number plate was stolen from a vehicle in Adbury.Please contact us if you have any questions by telephone 0845 045 45 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.