This is the crime summary for the month of February for the parishes of:
Ashmansworth, East Woodhay, Highclere, Burghclere, Newtown, Litchfield, Ecchinswell & Sydmonton.
Total Crimes reported – 8 (Believed to be the lowest ever!!!)
House Burglary – 0
Thefts from sheds and outbuildings – 1
Theft from Vehicles – 1 (Diesel from truck A34)
Other Theft - 0
Other Crime – 6
The community Policing priorities for this area are :
- Thefts from sheds & outbuildings (including theft of metal)
- Anti – Social Behaviour
Prevent thefts from garages, sheds and outbuildings (including theft of metal)
- A farm building in Brocks Green, Ecchinswell was entered and copper piping stolen.
Reduce anti-social behaviour especially around Bishops Green
- A front garden garden fence and window has been damaged in Heathlands, Penwood;
- A male from Eagle Road, Bishops Green has been prosecuted for possession of drugs;
- Damage was caused to a garden gate in Osprey Close. It is believed this was in an attempt to steal an off road motorcycle from the rear garden. Nothing was stolen.
Reduce speeding across the beat
- Speed enforcement has been carried out at the 30mph limit entering Ecchinswell at morning rush hour times. No drivers were prosecuted, but warnings issued to numerous drivers
Other incidents of note
- A male and female from the Southampton area have been arrested for stealing diesel from Trucks parked overnight in lay-bys on A34. They have been charged and remanded into custody prior to trial.
- A padlock was damage to a farmyard in Ashmansworth
Attempted Burglary – Woolton Hill
On the morning of Wednesday 14th March a window was forced open at a property in the Blindmans Gate area of Woolton Hill.
Please ensure that all windows and doors are secure and please report any suspicious activity to Hampshire Constabulary by calling 101.